- To provide excellent education in the field of Mechanical Engineering with effective teaching, learning and industry interaction.
- Prepare effective and responsible graduate for global requirements by providing quality technical education and enable them be leaders and pioneers in their field.
- Provide a program of professional study grounded in engineering fundamentals augmented by the development of interpersonal skills, social values, experiential learning, and flair for life-long learning.
- Establish center of competence to conduct basic and applied research in core area and strengthen the link with industry based on their need.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES (PEO)
- Exhibit leadership in professional activities through experimental studies and industrial projects.
- Demonstrate the confidence, awareness of socioeconomic context, professional ethics, environment friendliness and motivation for life-long learning.
- Integrate mechanical engineering technical abilities and knowledge with those of other engineering disciplines.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs)
- Engineering Knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem Analysis: Identify, formulate, and review research literature and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences.
- Design/Development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified need with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern engineering and IT tools including predictions and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, an need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to the professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practices.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one's own work, as a member and leader in a team to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC OUTCOMES (PSOs)
- PSO 1. Students are able to comprehend Mechanical Engineering principles, formulate and solve engineering problems, design and modify Mechanical Engineering components, systems and processes and apply them for all real life problems.
- PSO 2. Students are able to interpret drawing, handbooks, manuals, engineering catalogue, design data book, draw engineering drawings and operate course related machines, devices, instruments and industry relevant software and manage requirement and challenges of industry effectively.