M.Tech –Textile Engineering
Welcome to Textile Department
- Department of Textile has started to offer PG course from year 1997.
- Two years full time post graduate program in Textile Engineering.
- The postgraduate program provides aspiring professionals with the knowledge and skills to analyse and guide the textile industries/research institutes in India and abroad.
- The P.G course is of broad-based program of study that includes theory, practice, and research. First year is for class room teaching and mini projects, second year for research/ Dissertation.
- The GATE qualified students get scholarship from AICTE.
- State of the art workshops, laboratories and Centre of Excellence (CoE) are available for conducting research for P.G students. Apart from this, industries also support P.G students for their research.
- Highly qualified and experienced faculties, visiting faculty from industry, academia & research organizations, fully fledged library are the features of the program.
- The P.G program in Textile Engineering is designed to provide to students the detailed knowledge for several aspects of textile technology, technical textiles & textile chemistry like spinning, weaving, yarn structure, nano fibre technology, specialty yarns, engineering of Apparel Fabrics and Garments, Clothing Science, Computer Aided Fabric Manufacturing, high Performance Fibres, Smart Materials and Textiles; Fibre reinforced composites, medical textiles, advanced Textile Chemical Processing, Machinery, and Application of Plasma in Textiles, Super Absorbent and Shape Memory Polymers, Coating and lamination of textiles, Energy Management and Water Conservation in Chemical processing, etc.
- The P.G students are placed in reputed textile industries, research & Government organizations & also many of them have pursued higher education such as Doctorate in IIT, NIT & other reputed Indian and Foreign universities.
- Alumni of the P.G program in textiles are successful in their career. They are working at coveted posts at National & International industries, research institutes. Also many of them are successful entrepreneurs.