Overview of the Program
- B. Tech. with specialization in Textile Chemistry is unique program offered by one of the top autonomous engineering colleges in Maharashtra, since 1987 with intake capacity of 60 students.
- The program is NBA accredited twice, first for a duration of 5 years (2003-2008) and next for duration of 3 years since 2017.
- The program deals with value addition with sustainability approach in textiles and exhaustively covers the fields like fibre science, pretreatments, colouration and finishing aspects of wide range of textiles; quality control, auxiliaries, evaluation of textiles and chemicals, dye-house planning and process control, effluent treatment, and technical textiles along with two months full time practical internship in industry.
- The program is recognized in textile society and textile engineering colleges in Maharashtra by virtue of State of the Art laboratories, highly qualified, experienced and dedicated faculty, strong industry institute interaction and alumni network.
- 100% placement record has been achieved since last 25 years. As a result of this, the program is known for offering good placement in engineering colleges in Maharashtra.
- Graduates are sought after by leading textile mills, fibre manufacturers, processing sectors, dyestuff, chemicals and auxiliary manufacturers, coating and other technical textile manufacturing, textile wet processing machinery manufacturers, merchandisers, research and development organizations, technical services, testing and certification agencies and government agencies. Previous record of 100% placement.