AICTE New Delhi has given recognition for the best practices
Followings best practices are followed in the institute:
- Credit Transfer Scheme for students: As per the MoU signed with various prestigious National Universities, students go for one / two semester and earn credits for the semester, which will be transferred at our college.
- Compulsory In-plant Training for students: Students undergo training in various sectors of industries for two months after fourth and sixth semester. In the in plant training, students thoroughly observe the industrial practices and work under the guidance of technicians of the industries. Due to this students are exposed to actual work culture of industries.
- Industrial Tour for students: At the end of fifth semester, students go for industrial tour across the country for a week. Students are exposed to the industrial practices and interact with the persons in the industries. The experts in the industries also deliver lectures to the students for introducing new technology in the field and best practices in the industry.
- Soft-skill Enhancement: Apart from technical knowledge acquired through the regular curriculum, students should also exhibit the soft skills during campus interview and also during their career. Soft skills programmes are conducted by experts for a week or more than that during both the semesters of second and third year. Students actively participate in these programmes and their soft skills are improved.
- Pre-Placement Test: In order to prepare the students for campus interview, department conducts a test at the start of final year. Questions of this test are framed based on the nature of interviews conducted by companies in the past.
- Mentoring Scheme: The Mentor Scheme is a unique opportunity for students to come up in contact with an experienced professional to gain one-to-one careers advice, support and guidance into their profession. A faculty member is a mentor for a group of 15- 20 students. The mentor and students, meet at least one hour in every week as per the schedule in the timetable in a structured way.
- Visit of Faculty to industries: In order to acquire the knowledge of industrial practices, faculty members, in a group, visit the industries in every semester. They observe the industrial practices and interact with technicians of industries. This updated knowledge of faculty member is imparted to the students.
- Outcome Based Education: Outcome based education is globally used guidelines for improving quality of academic. DKTE is constantly and rigorously working on this with following activities
1. Dynamic curricula structure strictly in adherence with AICTE guidelines. Regular and Major Curricula content revisions with due help of an expert academicians, industrial personnel and internationally renowned pedagogical experts. Global and local technological trends and impacts are studied prior to such revisions with keeping the program educational objectives in mind.
2. Most of the syllabus focusses on higher level thinking like analyzing, evaluating and creating than just understanding and explaining the concepts.
3. Choice based credit system with Honors and Minor certification Schemes (with additional credits) introduced for aspiring learners.
4. In every semester, academic audit is conducted by Internal and External expert for maintaining quality of outcome based education.
- Student Exchange Program: Through MOUs with prestigious global universities, many students got chance to learn in well-known foreign universities at fraction of cost. Many global university students comes at DKTE through student exchange program for getting quality education from our various programs.
- Industry Institute Interaction : Faculty and students are expected to be academically strong and have a good practical exposure. They are encouraged to upgrade their knowledge in their respective disciplines. Besides having a good academic records, students need to have good communication skills, soft skills and learnability skills. To cater to these aspects of student development eminent personalities from various reputed Institutes and industries are invited to impart practical exposure to the students through conferences, workshops, seminars, guest lecturers etc. The Institute has signed MoUs with reputed industries to bridge the gap between industry and academia. Students are encouraged to undertake sponsored projects to get hands on experience. They are motivated to participate in project competitions, National/International conferences/ Workshops and, seminars. They are encouraged to share their ideas with the outside world by presenting their research work in National/International conferences and Journals. The progress of the students is regularly monitored by their project guides.
- Social Awareness - Contribution to the Local Industry and Society: DKTE is persistently working on Women Empowerment, especially on access to education and employment. Through this activities many has become self-dependent and self-reliant.
1. Kranti Garment Training Centre : DKTE along with the Ichalkaranji Municipal Council started a Garment Training Centre to provide training facilities the women from poor class in the garment manufacturing, free of cost. As a result of the availability of trained personals, garment industry started to grow in Ichalkaranji and today over 6000 stitching machines have been installed. The DKTE is thus doing a commendable job in the area of women empowerment.
2. Training and Rehabilitation of Devadasis
3. Carpet manufacturing training for Destitute Women
DKTE is playing a vital role for addressing the burning environmental issues with following projects related to the environment.
1. Preparation of Environmental Status Report, Plan and Action : To address the environmental issues in Ichalkaranji, prepared six Environmental Status Reports which highlights on the quality of air, water, soil, noise etc. Further, the environmental management plan given acts, which are useful tool to combat pollution. Also introduced the concept of recycling of wastewater in the industry. This has tremendously reduced the pollution load.
2. Effluent Treatment Plants : Designed & Developed six Effluent Treatment Plants & three common effluent treatment plants for treating Textile Process effluents.
3. Installation of Solar Light System in Rural Area
Other supports are listed below:
1. Organization of Blood Donation Camp: A Blood Donation camp is organized twice in a year, as a social responsibility, around 500 bottles of blood is donated through the society.
2. Social Activities through National Social Service (NSS) Scheme.
3. Organization of Gram Swachata Abhiyan and Village Development programme
4. Providing Medical Equipment to needy patients on nominal charges
5. Helping to orphanage and old people hostels at Chokak Ashram, Solapur Ashram, and Velankar Ashram Sangali